May 26, 2021 – 18:02 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net – Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan has revealed details about the controversial border demarcation agreement that leaked online in mid-May.
Pashinyan himself confirmed earlier that the Armenian government is indeed negotiating a new document with Azerbaijan and Russia. The redacted paper was first published by Armenia’s former ambassador to the Vatican Mikayel Minasyan, who said Pashinyan was going to sign the new agreement that would damage the interests of the country. Pashinyan maintained, however, that “those “solutions are 100% in line with the interests of the Republic of Armenia.”
Pashinyan told lawmakers on Wednesday, May 26 that the Armenian side has reacted to the document by submitting two written proposals – the release of all the prisoners of war and coordinates for the deployment of the Azerbaijani military across the border with Armenia.
“We have not received any response to our proposal. Nothing new has happened since,” Pashinyan said, maintaining again that the Azerbaijani forces must leave the territory of Armenia.
“No other option has been or will be discussed.”
The acting PM also noted that Azerbaijan’s aggressive intentions should be disseminated using all international connections.
“I don’t know with whom this plan has been agreed upon, but I suppose that Azerbaijan would not dare to carry out such an operation by itself. I think the plan has been agreed with someone in advance,” he added.
On the morning of May 12, the armed forces of Azerbaijan violated the border of Armenia in the southern province of Syunik, advancing 3.5 kilometers and surrounding Sev Lake, which is situated on the border between the two countries but is predominantly a part of Armenia. On May 13, the Azerbaijani military committed more border violations against Armenia, advancing near Vardenis (Gegharkunik province) and Sisian (Syunik province). Oe Armenian serviceman was killed n Azerbaijan’s shooting on Tuesday, May 25.